We have compiled guidelines for our common platform. Please never forget that there are people at the other end who have good and bad days, but always deserve respect and decency.
We ask you and all other BlindMate users to follow these rules:
- Stick to the same rules online as you would offline – obey laws, behave morally and in a friendly manner. Something that is wrong in personal contact is probably also wrong online
- Help to highlight inappropriate behaviour– - you can directly point users to misconduct or report users. Both help to make the experience better for everyone. Don't worry, we don't delete profiles arbitrarily, but when users are reported more than once, it speaks for itself.
- Respect the privacy of others– if you get private information about other users, don't give it away. If you suspect that this has happened due to a technical error, please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Respect the boundaries of others– if you feel that your counterpart feels uncomfortable, respect that and act accordingly. If a blindchat or friend of yours wants to break contact, please accept this.
- Present yourself honestly – of course we all want to come across well. Advantageous pictures and good attributes will help, but please be careful not to deceive other users, this will only lead to mutual disappointment.
- Be honest– BlindMate is based on the principle that friends describe each other. Everyone has weaknesses - be honest when you answer questions about your friends. If you don't want to answer something, skip the question instead of giving a wrong answer - the question will not be scored.
- Be fair to your friends– honesty is important, but so is fairness. Answer questions about your friends seriously, because in the end your answers are the basis for the profile of your friends.
- Be patient– as a team of developers we are at the very beginning with BlindMate. Please be patient if something does not work out. Feel free to use the feedback function at any time, we will try to answer you as soon as possible.
We hope you have fun and look forward to your comments and feedback - via Settings > Contact BlindMate or by email to email@example.com